Wednesday, March 28, 2007

i saw the lord seated on the throne
and he was clothed in glory and exalted high
and the train of his robe fills the temple
and angels gather round him and cry
you are holy
oh so holy
you are holy lord of all
and woe is me
for i am unclean
for my eyes have seen the holy king
and he cleansed my lips
right before my eyes
and the pillars shook
as the angels cried
you are holy
oh so holy
you are holy lord of all
as i am listening to that song i am writing this. i was thinking back over the summer of something that meant so much to me and was so important to me and i thought i would share it with you.
well as most of you know i went away this past summer for a month to work at a camp in florida. it was a christian camp. well before i left i was packing everything i needed and was going over the checklist. well right before i walked out the door i realized i had forgotten to buy a notebook. so mom handed me this cheezy one that someone in the church had given her. it had parrots in the jungle on the front of it. well i didnt think much about it or really even look at it i just stuffed it in my bag.
so at camp every morning we had a thing called "quiet time" where we all went off on our own and prayed and read our bibles and for some of us wrote in our journals. well also i think you should know that ladies of lee does a song that has the same words as you are holy and i sang it all the time and absolutely loved it so needless to say that scripture was my favorite scripture. but you see the funny thing is i didnt even know the scripture address of it. well one morning in quiet time i was singing you are holy (because i absolutely love it with all of my heart) and just praying and worshipping. well i grabbed that notebook mom had given me (my journal for the time) and was gonna write the scripture and the words to both of those songs on the back of the front cover. well as i was writing the lyrics i realized i didnt know the scripture address. well i found myself becoming very discouraged because i couldnt find it anywhere in my bible. well right as i was about to give up looking for it i closed the cheezy notebook and just happened to look on the cover. and as clear as day there was the scripture on the front with the scripture address! i dont even know how i had not seen it at all until then. i had written in that notebook for days and had not seen it! so i was so happy and began to just praise jesus for revealing it to me.
ever since then everytime i hear that song the glory of god just fills me up and i feel like i am in heaven. a few weekends ago mom and i went to sing at a t.l. lowery conference and one night ty parker was singing you are holy. it could quite possibly be one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard. well as we were singing it i felt so close to god. everyone was praising and it i felt like we were in heaven like thats what heaven is going to sound like. it was so amazing. even afterwards mom and julie howard said they had thought the same thing. so as you can see this song means so much to me and has done so much for me and is so powerful. it's my favorite.

15 comments:

K E Alexander said...

What a wonderful story. I mean that in the real sense of the word...WONDER-FULL! It is beautiful and Is. 6 is one of my favorite scriptures. I always loved the song that Campus Choir sang "Touching Jesus". That song is about one of my favorite NT stories, the woman with the issue of blood who touched the hem of Jesus' robe. The 2nd verse of the song says, "Now the train of his robe fills the temple" and goes on to say that now, we can touch the hem of Jesus' garment anytime we are in the presence of the Lord!!

Corky Alexander said...

What a pretty post. I rejoice that God is leading you.

Bill said...

Hello, Emma!

I've been looking all over for a recording of the song you wrote so beautifully about ("I Saw the Lord - You Are Holy"). Do you know how I can get a recording of it? My e-mail address is revbillcraig@hotmail.com. I'd LOVE it if you could get me the info. Thanks so much for any help you could give!

bill

Ang said...

I would really like to know who wrote or sings this. I want to use it for my praise & worship team. My email is anointed4praise@aol.com Thanks so much.

brittany said...

hey,
I was trying to find who sings that song on google and ur blog popped up! What an amazing story that is! :) and i was wondering if you knew who sings that song and where the verse is found. my email is boomersooner1531@yahoo.com
thanks!

Tara said...

I have been looking for who sings this song. This song is so beautiful. Our signing team at church is signing to it. If you could let me know the singer and the scripture verse that goes with it I would greatly appreciate it.

In Christ
Tara

Ramon.Ruiz said...

Hey Emma.

I'm on the same page with Bill down there, been looking for that song on Google for my praise band, but can't find it. Would ya mind helpin' me out if ya can? It's a great song, and glad you found that scripture. Amazing how God places these things under our noses huh?

PeteRock said...

hey Emma, i found your blog because i was looking for the title of that sound"I Saw the Lord - You Are Holy" so i could download it. but i happened to stumble upon your blog...you I live in Florida so i down for the summer until i go back to school, you said you were at a church down here, which church was that. Not only that, you spoke about the ladies of lee, well i go to Lee University and will be headed back up in a couple of weeks! email me at pberth00@leeu.edu if you get this. thanks bye

PeteRock said...

hey Emma, i found your blog because i was looking for the title of that sound"I Saw the Lord - You Are Holy" so i could download it. but i happened to stumble upon your blog...you I live in Florida so i down for the summer until i go back to school, you said you were at a church down here, which church was that. Not only that, you spoke about the ladies of lee, well i go to Lee University and will be headed back up in a couple of weeks! email me at pberth00@leeu.edu if you get this. thanks bye

Matt said...

I think I have the same story as everyone on here. I heard that song at a service last night and really want to find it. Can you tell me who sings it and what the title is? Thank you so much!
m.ryan.walker@gmail.com

maria said...

Hi!
I have the same problem as everybody else: I need to know who recorded this and who wrote the song... Please help me! :) my email is: maria@tillvaro.net
Blessings.
Maria

jesusgirl09865 said...

Hi i'm going to jump straight to the point i really would like to know who sings this song my friend and i have been singing it all week and searching for it. Thank you my email address is jesusgirl09865@yahoo.com

jess said...

it's crazy that I stumbled across this blog. The song is by Richy Clark of Radiant Worship. Their website is http://www.radiantworship.com.

Hope Butcher said...

so it's been a year. you should blog more. that was a lovely entry.

Unknown said...

Hello
THe song can be obtained from Itunes and is sung by Christ for the Nations, here in Dallas. It is a beautiful song.

ANd so many of you are probably my daughter's age. She could have written so many of the posts from a Christian camp, worshipping the Lord, etc. She is now living with a guy who claims to be an atheist and is planning on marrying him in October. You can not imagine how this hurts. I love my daughter but as a Mom who tried to live what I read and felt from the scriptures. It is like a big blow to my heart. Last week I had a breakthrough in that I now don't have this attack on my own faith. But please pray for my daughter Paula.